Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-09-30 Origin: Site
Chamomile extract is the dry whole grass extract of the composite plant Chamomilla L, which mainly contains flavonoids, saponins, polysaccharides, volatile oil and other active ingredients. Chamomile extract has the effects of eliminating inflammation, inhibiting fungi, spasmolysis, etc. Because of its multiple medicinal effects, it has been used as a medicinal cosmetic ingredient. Ointments, creams and lotions containing chamomile volatile oil are used to treat various skin diseases in Europe.
Chamomile decoction can inhibit the contraction of isolated rabbit intestine and isolated guinea pig bronchus, and reduce the secretion of trachea. Chamomile extract apiin and aglycone (apigenin) have moderate antispasmodic effect on smooth muscle.
2. Anti inflammatory effect
Chamomile contains chamomile, chamomile acid and chamomile alcohol, which has anti-inflammatory effect. Anti inflammation and moisturizing can slow down skin inflammation and improve skin roughness. It can calm down broken microvessels, improve skin elasticity, and eliminate edema.
3. Effect on blood vessels
Chamomile extract can constrict the blood vessels of toad lower limbs; It has a delayed pressor effect on rabbits. It has antipyretic effect on rabbits with fever. It can promote the healing of mouse ulcers, and can enhance the function of rabbit reticuloendothelial system.
4. Hypolipidemic effect
Chamomile extract can significantly reduce blood pressure and blood lipid after feeding rats for 4 weeks. The effect of Chamomile on blood pressure and blood lipid is related to the large amount of flavonoids contained in the water-soluble extract of Chamomile.
Chamomile extract can inhibit the activity of Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus and Candida albicans. Chamomile's inhibitory effect on bacteria is mainly due to the flavonoids contained in its extracts. Many other plants containing flavonoids also have antibacterial effects.
6. Sedative effect
Chamomile is rich in flavonoids active ingredients, which has the effects of anti-oxidation, anti-inflammatory and anti-virus. It can help ease mood, prevent convulsions, and effectively play a sedative role. It can also relieve skin sensitivity, itching and discomfort, soften and soothe the skin, and prevent allergy with a calming and soothing effect.
7. Relieve skin allergy
Chamomile extract contains α- Bisaboloy and chameleon and other essential oil ingredients can effectively relieve skin allergy symptoms, adjust the skin after sunburn, and have a moisturizing effect.
8. Chamomile is one of the most mild essential oils, which is very suitable for children. Taking a bath with 2-3 drops can relieve the pressure of children caused by examinations and studies, improve their impatience and sensitive emotions. Before going to bed, children can also relax their pressure and sleep peacefully by mixing a few teaspoons of light chamomile tea with a little honey.
9. Chamomile can eliminate the muscle pain caused by headache, migraine or fever; It can resist aging and moisturize skin. Tea soup can also be used as a nourishing agent for hair.
10. Chamomile tea has a calming effect and makes people gentle and kind. In addition, it is also very helpful for sleeping and stabilizing mood, so some beauty salons in Europe and America often entertain guests to drink chamomile tea before beauty to relax the spirit of guests.
11. Chamomile can be used as a substitute for lavender. The mixed use of massage or bath can improve sleep. It is especially suitable for people who rely on drugs to sleep. It is better not to use the same essential oil for three to four consecutive weeks. You can stop using it and change it regularly.
Chamomile is a kind of medicinal herb with a long history and high safety. It is also considered as a safe food in the list of FDA in the United States.
Nevertheless, although it is not common, anaphylaxis induced by chamomile has been reported in some studies. The possible conditions include skin rash, gastrointestinal discomfort, sneezing, vomiting, asthma, etc. Most of them are related to direct oral intake, and a few are related to essential oil application and inhalation, which may lead to anaphylactic shock in severe cases.
1. Once allergic to compositae plants, such as ragweed, marigold, daisy, etc., please avoid using such products, which may induce the above allergic reactions.
2. The safety of this product for pregnant women, nursing mothers, young children and those with poor liver and kidney function is unknown. Please avoid using it.
3. Chamomile essential oil is generally for external use, not for internal use. Before applying it on the skin, please conduct a small scale test to avoid possible adverse reactions.
4. It may have anticoagulant effect, so if the blood coagulation function is abnormal, take anticoagulant drugs, and do not use them two weeks before surgery.
5. Do not use it together with sedative and hypnotic drugs or herbs (such as valerian, kava pepper, cat mint), which may strengthen or interfere with the effect of ingredients.
6. Do not use it with hypoglycemic or blood pressure drugs, antihistamines, antifungal drugs, contraceptives and other drugs, which may interfere with the drug effect.
7. The ingredients in chamomile may have estrogen like effects, so those who have ever suffered from hormone related cancers (such as breast cancer and uterine cancer) or are taking anti estrogen drugs (Tamoxifen) should discuss with professional medical personnel before use.