Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-08-26 Origin: Site
Acai berry is a dark purple blueberry-like berry from the tropical rainforest of South America. It is rich in nutrients such as anthocyanins and polyphenols. Acai berries may sound like fruit, but they are rich in oils and prone to oxidation after harvesting. They are usually freeze-dried immediately after being picked. Most of the acai berries on the market are processed freeze-dried powder or frozen packaged puree.
1. Increase antioxidant capacity, reduce reactive oxygen species damage
Oxygen is an essential element for life. When cells use oxygen to generate energy, free radicals are a by-product of the mitochondrial production of ATP (adenosine triphosphate), also known as reactive oxygen species.
At low or moderate levels, reactive oxygen species can exert beneficial effects on cellular responses and immune function. At high concentrations, they generate oxidative stress and cause oxidative damage to cells (lipids, proteins, DNA), eventually leading to many chronic diseases such as atherosclerosis, cancer, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, post-ischemic perfusion Injury, myocardial infarction, cardiovascular disease, chronic inflammation, stroke, shock, aging and other degenerative diseases.
2. Improve metabolic syndrome
The metabolic syndrome consists of a group of metabolic disorders characterized by obesity (emphasis on excess abdominal fat), hypertension, dyslipidemia, and hyperglycemia, and directly or indirectly increases the risk of coronary heart disease, atherosclerotic disease, and type 2 diabetes.
Consuming acai berry puree can help reduce fasting blood sugar, insulin levels, postprandial blood sugar rise rate, total cholesterol, and LDL cholesterol.
3. Reduce cardiovascular disease risk
Cardiovascular disease causes more than 16 million deaths worldwide each year, accounting for about 30% of global deaths. Many cardiovascular events can be avoided by improving risk factors, such as unhealthy diet, overweight and obesity due to physical inactivity, and smoking.
Short-term intake of acai berry helped to improve vascular function (measured by brachial artery vasodilation/FMD, but no significant improvement in blood pressure, heart rate, and postprandial glucose response).
4. Beneficial for nonalcoholic fatty liver disease
Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) is defined as bullae-type steatosis that occurs in the presence of less than 20 grams of alcohol per day. The exact cause of NAFLD is unknown, but it is closely related to obesity, metabolic/insulin resistance syndrome, and dyslipidemia.
Consumption of acai berries may help improve non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, including lowering alanine transaminase, alkaline phosphatase, macrovesicular steatosis, and increasing antioxidant capacity.
5. Protect your eyes
Acai berries are rich in anthocyanins, which can improve vision, prevent myopia, and relieve the pain caused by glaucoma and macular degeneration.
6. Acai berry powder is rich in anthocyanins, which can resist oxidation and remove excess free radicals in the human body, thus having a certain anti-aging effect. In addition, acai berry powder also contains vitamin E and abundant essential amino acids, which can delay aging and supplement amino acids.
7. Acai berries contain unsaturated fatty acids, which have certain effects on immune regulation and blood lipid regulation.
8. Acai powder has the effect of enhancing the immune system, and it contains anti-mutagenic chemical complexes, which can effectively slow down cell aging.
9. It also has the powerful function of skin care. The vitamins and minerals contained in it can effectively accelerate the growth of human cells, repair damaged skin, and promote the regeneration of skin cells.
In addition, it also lowers cholesterol, strengthens the circulatory system, prevents cancer, etc. It also has the function of resisting the invasion of oncogenes and strengthening the immune system.
1. Acai berries are high in potassium. People with kidney disease who are following a low-potassium diet should avoid taking it.
2. It may have a hypoglycemic effect, so it should not be used in combination with diabetes drugs.
3. Do not use for pregnant or breastfeeding women.
4. May interfere with the effect of chemotherapy drugs, so if you are taking these drugs, they should be avoided.